Friday, February 15, 2008

Back to basics

My recent exodus from facebook has left me with nowhere to ramble but my blog, which has largely been neglected in the past while.  
There are a lot of reasons for quitting facebook.  First and foremost, i see it as a big ego trip that took up a lot of my time, and decreased the amount of real contact I had with the people around me.  I've noticed a difference since I stopped...

In other words, i went to the Xavier Rudd concert and enjoyed his techno-folk music very very much.  However I didn't enjoy the superfluous hippy dogma that ineviatably arose.  I say that if you are going to raise issues such as environmental awareness, you'd better know your shit and present a balanced point of view, or at least an educated one.  He was drinking from plastic cups telling me that plastic is evil.....said how disgusted he was with "holes in mountains where trees used to be" when he has 40 guitars made exclusively from wood and metal.  Anyways, i'm being an asshole about the whole thing, because he really is talented, and I guess there just aren't enough hours in a day to be both an activist and incredible musician.

1 Comments:

Blogger mi said...

that's almost like me trying to start a recycling program... when building oil refineries is what's paying my bills...

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home