Thursday, January 12, 2006

Summer 2006

I realize the summer is still far, but i have been putting a lot of thought into what i should do this summer. I basically have 2 main options. The first options involves going into the beautiful mountains of B.C and planting trees all summer. This savage existence has been my primary source of money for the past couple years. I know i can make more money planting tree's than doing anything else at this point in my life. My second option is to apply for a job doing fieldwork in geophysics, which is supposed to be my career at this point in time. The money would probably be decent and i'm sure i would learn a lot. I realize that in terms of a career, applying for a geophysics job would be better, but there is some mysterious and powerful force that is pulling me towards the planting option. hmmmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger mi said...

i would love it if you were in winnipeg this summer.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might be doing geophysics for the rest of your working days... i say take advantage of your youth and do what you may not be able to do in your later years. tree planting has obviously been a very meaningful and rewarding experience for you; i've never heard anything negative about it from you without a smile playing across your face. i would suggest that you think about it, and do what would be best for you as a person, which may not necessarily coincide with your career. good luck!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home