Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Try this on for size!!

Today, in my Mineralogy class, i learned a new word. Diamondiferous. Meaning: bearing or yielding diamonds. For those of you who still don't understand, it's a fairly good synonym for the lingo "blinged-out". It's this translation into rap language/ebonics that inspired me to start writing lyrics for the best geology based rap song (aka georap) ever.


more diamondiferous than a kimberlite pipe
my flow is smoother than the magma hype
after my hand lens magnifies 80 times
yo' left in the esker to thinsection my rhymes

Chorus (me asking the question, many voices respond)
Felsic? yo' quartz is too smoky
Luster? aaddddaaaamantine
Felsick? yo' quartz is too smoky
Hardness? higher than nine

more to come, possibly an audio sample too (if i can find a microphone

1 Comments:

Blogger mi said...

you're hilarious

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home