Friday, April 15, 2005

music & magic

hello, i know no one has read this since my last post, hence my lack of apology for the low frequency of posts. etc... today the subject is music.
first the link to something that i found to be strangely inspiring

http://oliverschroer.com/music_essay.htm

those of us who are passionate about their instrument or voice or whatever will get much more from this then those who are content to listen.

only those who play fiddle will know the power that comes from hitting the not at the perfect pitch, making that beautifully shaped chunk of wood vibrate and come alive under your chin. i play mostly for myself, but also for those who actually want to listen to what my fingers have to say.

hearing mr. schroers music has lit a fire in the music part of my brain, a big part of me wants to follow in his path and just play the fiddle for a living, even if it's a meager living. become one with the fiddle.
perhaps there is magic in the world after all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home